Goal of the week: No cigarettes after drinking on Friday
I’m going to a party this Friday and I occasionally will partake in social smoking. My goal is to not smoke since my 5k is coming up soon.
70 days to drop weight until Christmas eve.
Need some motivation?
- Buy a dress for Christmas that is one size or two sizes too small
- Hang it up somewhere you will see it everyday
- Throw away the receipt (that way there is not going back)
Alternate plan (for people who broke like me)
- Find a few cute dresses online that you could afford in the future
- Print out a picture of them, write the smaller dress size on the picture
- Put away the money you would spend on food to save up for the dress
I gotta start training for my 5k
According to eatwell.com
Making vegetables the largest portion of your lunch boosts your lunch’s total nutrition (vegetables deliver disease-fighting phytochemicals and essential vitamins and minerals) and gives you a healthy dose of fiber—a must-have when you’re dieting. Why? Fiber helps you stay satisfied longer, plus research shows that upping your fiber intake may help promote weight loss. Find low-cal, high-fiber lunch recipes here.
2. Lean ProteinAdding a little lean protein to your lunch (think: tofu, chicken, fish or beans) is an easy way to stay satisfied throughout the afternoon—gram for gram, protein will keep you feeling fuller longer compared to carbohydrates and fat. Pack in the protein with these high-protein, low-cal lunch recipes.
3. Whole-Wheat Bread
Eating whole-wheat bread in place of refined white bread may help you trim your total body fat, as well as that much-hated belly bulge. A study in the Journal of Nutrition showed that people who ate about 3 servings of whole grains a day had about 2.4 percent less body fat and 3.6 percent less abdominal fat than those who ate barely any whole grains at all. Aim for at least three servings of whole grains daily (a slice of whole-wheat bread equals one serving). Other great sources: whole-grain cereal, oats, bulgur, quinoa and brown rice.
I can’t wait for another race
I have gained back about 7 pounds of the 35 pounds I lost over the summer…
I need some motivation or I will ruin all of my hard work…
CHEESEY EGG POCKETS!
Hard boiled egg whites make perfect little cups and tonight I filled them with Kraft Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese for the BEST SOURCE OF LEAN PROTEIN I have EVER found!!
96 calories, 0 fat, 2 CARBS…. 21 PROTEIN!!
3 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup nonfat shredded kraft cheddar cheese
1- cut all eggs in half, scoop out yolk
2- measure out serving of cheese, carefully stuff eggs with it
3- microwave 45 seconds
done! enjoy! :D
You can find this and other egg white recipes here:
Page 1 of 2